Located on Chicago’s far South Side, the Pullman Wheelworks Building was built in 1903 for use as a manufacturing facility. The building was renovated in 1980 for use as a multi-family residential building. The “L” shaped building holds 210 residential units on three floors comprising about 280,000 square feet. There are four main types of units – efficiency, one bedroom, two bedroom, and three bedroom. These unit types are located throughout the building within 21 different layouts. The majority of work consisted of renovations to the residential units. Renovations included new interior finishes, kitchen cabinetry and appliances, doors and windows, plumbing fixtures, and furnaces. A number of units were converted into accessible units designed to the guidelines outlined in UFAS and ANSI 117.1. Other areas of work included exterior improvements such as masonry and concrete repair, roof replacement, and window and door replacement. Historic tax credits were used to complete the renovation.